While we recommend YouTube, you must confirm that live streaming is activated and embedding live streams is enabled on your account before you proceed with it.
Step 1: Confirm Youtube live streaming is activated
This needs to be done 24 hours before you move to the next step.
- To do this, go to Youtube, login to your account.
- Select the video button next to your channel icon and select Go Live.
3. At this point, if your live streaming is not activated, you will be prompted to activate it. Do this and wait for 24 hours. If it is already active, you should see a menu on the left with options like Stream, Webcam, Manage etc. If you see this you are all set!
Step 2: Confirm YouTube allow embedding live streams on your account
If your YouTube account was created after 2017, YouTube could have restrictions on embedding live streams. You would have to link an AdSense account to your channel to lift these restrictions.
To link AdSense, your channel has to be eligible for the YouTube Partner Program. This entails having at least 1000 subscribers and at least 4000 hours watch time in the past year. As per our research, older channels were able to enable live stream embedding without linking AdSense.
We understand that this may not be possible so your next best option is to stream via Twitch (expect a 5 second delay vs YouTube’s 2-3 second delay). You can find instructions on connecting Twitch to PayBee *here*.
Step 3: Tweaking settings to minimize the delay on the live stream
If you are using YouTube, DO NOT forget to confirm that your YouTube live stream settings are set to low latency before proceeding with the test runs and live event. This is not an issue if you are using Twitch (they should be set to low by default). If you have not changed the settings, follow the steps *here*.
Step 4: Getting the embed link to connect live stream to PayBee
- Open your live stream video on YouTube (as you would to view the video). The image below shows what your stream must look like when you open the scheduled live stream video on YouTube.
2. On the video page, select Share on the right, below the video. Select Embed.
3. You will see a small window pop up with some code. Copy the youtube link that shows up after src = in the code without including the quotes.
For example, in the embedded code below:
You would be copying the outlined portion ie. https://www.youtube.com/embed/6CQK0sNewS0
If you find it hard to copy, you can copy the entire code, paste it somewhere else and only select and copy the youtube link portion similar to the outlined link in the image above. The YouTube embed link always has the word ‘embed’ in it - this is how you know you’ve copied the right link.
4. The link that you copied in the previous step must be pasted as the ‘Live Stream URL’ mentioned in Step A. To paste it, go to PayBee, login to your organization’s account, go to Manage -> Virtual Events and select Edit on the upcoming virtual event. Paste the URL and save. You have now connected your upcoming broadcast from StreamYard to your PayBee virtual event.