BEFORE THE TEST RUN
- Create a test event by going to Manage -> Virtual Events -> Create New Event. Your test event must resemble the real event as closely as possible to fully experience the donor side accurately.
- Clone all campaigns that will be presented at the event and rename to include the campaign name with a ‘TEST’ prefix. Do this by going to Campaigns, going to each campaign and tapping on the blue Copy button.
- Hide all test campaigns from the main campaign page that donors see by tapping on the Edit button under each campaign and checking ‘Hide from main campaign page’ field, scroll down to hit Next, scroll past all options down to hit Update.
- Go to Dashboard on PayBee. Open the organization’s PayBee link by clicking on the QR code to the right or copy pasting the link below it on a new tab to see if all campaigns are back to normal and if all the test campaigns are hidden.
- Plug in Embed link (from YouTube or Twitch) to PayBee by going to Manage -> Virtual Events, tap Edit under the test event and paste the link to the Livestream URL field, scroll down to hit Update. (See how to get the embed link for YouTube here or Twitch here)
- Confirm that the latency settings on Youtube are tuned for lowest possible latency (See how to find and tweak settings here)
- Share the "Join URL" with all team members, board members, donors, etc. attending your dry run
- Go LIVE on your livestream before going Live on PayBee (Run Event -> switch Lobby to Start) to confirm that the stream is working okay.
AFTER THE TEST RUN
- Delete items from the cart after the event by going to Attendees & Reports under your test. Go to the Attendees Tab and look for all pending carts, tap See Cart, and delete all items in those carts by tapping on the delete icon. NOTE: Deleting Attendees from the list DOES NOT delete items in their carts. The items must be deleted one by one within each cart.
- Delete test campaigns by going to Campaigns and clicking on the red Delete icon under all test campaigns.
- Go to Dashboard on PayBee. Open the organization’s PayBee link by clicking on the QR code to the right or copy pasting the link below it on a new tab to see if all campaigns are back to normal and if all the test campaigns are deleted.
- End your event on PayBee (switch Start to End) before ending your live stream to confirm that the stream has caught up with the delay before ending the event abruptly.
The PayBee team is able to attend one of your dry runs. To schedule a dry run with someone from our team, click here.
Have questions? Contact the PayBee team at firstname.lastname@example.org.